Wednesday 15 February 2012

February 16th, a series of questions about bands.

Taken from my top 50 artists on last.fm

1. How did you get into 31?
The Breeders - "No Aloha" was on a playlist that was made for me ages ago and I downloaded the album it's taken from, Last Splash, after that.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
The Maccabees - I can't remember, it was forever ago, but I think it was probably either Latchmere or About Your Dress. In fact, I remember seeing the About Your Dress video with the fingers, so probably that.
3. What’s your favourite lyric by 41?
The Moldy Peaches - Oh god they're just hilarious. "Who mistook this steak for chicken/who am I gonna stick my dick in?" is quite the classic.



4. What is your favourite album by 49?
Ocean Colour Scene - Moseley Shoals, but to be honest it's the only one I've really heard.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?
mclusky - 2. Do Dallas and mcluskyism. I hate that they don't capitalise their name.
6. What is your favourite song by 50?
Blink-182 - I can't believe they're so far down! Josie or Down.
7. Is there a song by 4 that makes you sad?
Arctic Monkeys - Yes, a few, Cornerstone, Love is a Laserquest and Piledriver Waltz off the top of my head.
8. What is your least favourite song by 15?
Hole - Letter From Me To God. Nobody's Daughter is a pretty poor album but I think that's the worst of a bad bunch.
9. What is your favourite song by 5?
Los Campesinos! - Straight in at 101 or The International TweeXcore Underground because It references Amelia Fletcher.

10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
Suede - Beautiful Ones. THAT guitar intro
11. What is your favourite album by 40?
The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me
12. What is your favourite song by 10?
Lush - Single Girl. I think.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 33)?
Primal Scream - Country Girl always reminds me of being quite young, and listening to it in my room on a Now! compilation CD. I knew all the words to every song on both discs.
14. What is your favourite song by 37?
The Verve - Drugs Don't Work. I don't really like them that much, though...
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy?
Sufjan Stevens - Come On, Let's Boogie To The Elf Dance. How can it not make you happy?!
16. How many times have you seen 24 live?
The Subways - none so far, but I'll be seeing them in May!

17. What is the first song you heard by 23?
The Sugargliders - I can't really remember. Ahprahran probably.
18. What is your favourite album by 11?
Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend. Contra was a bit crap.
19. Who is your favourite member of 1?
Manic Street Preachers - I can't choose. Sean Moore because he's a little Welsh munchkin and an excellent drummer.
20. How many times have you seen 14 live?
Battles - Sadly, never.
21. Do you have any good memories involving 45?
Blur - In Year 10 there was a phase of having PARKLIFE written across your knuckles like a LOVE/HATE tattoo..
22. What is your favourite song by 16?
Cage the Elephant - Shake Me Down

23. What is the first song you heard by 47?
Violent Femmes - I'd say Prove My Love because it's the first I remember hearing but I know for a fact that Blister in the Sun was used on an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and I've seen every episode of Sabrina ever.
24. What is your favourite album by 3?
Fujiya & Miyagi - Ventriloquizzing but it's a close call because they're consistently very good, very clever.
25. What is your favourite song by 18?
Japanese Voyeurs - Milk Teeth
26. What is the first song you heard by 38?
The Cribs - I think it was probably Mirror Kissers.
27. What is your favourite lyric that 21 has sung?
Pixies - Boring but "if man is 5, then the devil is 6, then god is 7"
28. What is your favourite song by 2?
Green Day - Redundant
29. What is the first song you heard by 32?
Feist - 1234, on an advert, probably.
30. What is your favourite song by 8?
Lana Del Rey - Off To The Races
31. How many times have you seen 17?
The Kinks - Never, but I once saw Ray Davies play with the Kooks and they did "Victoria", so that counts...ish.

32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy?
Elle Milano - They're kind of morbid. Katsuki and the Stilettoed Stranger is fun though.
33. What is your favourite album by 12?
The Vaccines - They only have one, so "What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?"
34. What is the worst song by 29?
Super Furry Animals - I don't know about the WORST but I don't like Suckers that much.
35. What was the first song you heard by 34?
Harlem - Spray Paint
36. What is your favourite album by 42?
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Darklands. NOT Psychocandy.

37. How many times have you seen 39 live?
Fucked Up - Once. They were insane.
38. What is your favourite song by 36?
Sonic Youth - Cross the Breeze, or Anti Orgasm
39. What is the first song you heard by 28?
Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights, I'd imagine.
40. What is your favourite album by 35?
Pulp - His n Hers. It's PERFECT.

41. How did you get into 48?
Elbow - My dad's mate who happens to also be my dentist is really into them and he advised me to go and see them at a festival they were playing at. I didn't, and later wished I had.
42. Have you ever seen 7 live?
Stevie Jackson - Yeah, last year at the Brudenell. He was fun!
43. What song do you love by 43?
Kasabian - Total cliche but it has to be Processed Beats
44. How many times have you seen 20)?
Belle & Sebastian - twice, and they're so wonderful! I danced on stage with them the second time and I got a medal.
45. Who’s responsible for getting you into 25?
Justice - I'm not sure, I've been aware of them for ages but my friend Alex was big into them a couple of years ago when I started properly listening to them.
46. Is 30 one of your favorite artists?
The Stone Roses - Nah, I'm not really a fan. I don't know why they're my 30th most played band!
47. Favorite song by 9?
Nicky Wire - Bobby Untitled (SOB) or Break My Heart Slowly
48. Would you like to see 46 live?
Slow Club - I've already seen them, but I'd see them again.
49. Favorite member of 26?
The Submarines - I don't know who they each are but the girl who sings lead vocals on their cover of Waterloo Sunset has a gorgeous voice, so her.
50. What’s the most played song on your computer by 27?
Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment